Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Seven-Year Doughnut Drought

Yep, when you realize that you'll need to eat wheat- and gluten-free in order to feel good and be healthy, doughnuts are a thing of the past. It's not like they were my favorite thing -- I only ate one maybe two or three times a year. But they represented something I couldn't have, which, of course, made me miss them.

Well, not anymore. I had a dream last night about cinnamon sugar doughnuts, and woke up motivated to try making some. There are numerous recipes online, so I chose the one that seemed most likely to produce the closest thing to a wheat-full doughnut. Turns out doughnuts are not very difficult to make. I even made the holes.

Result? Yum.

**edit** For those seeking the recipe, it can be found here.

Melinda


3 comments:

Suzy said...

Those looked fantastic!!!!! I'm so hungry....AND I am impressed with the SUDOKU book! Ah-ha! A fellow sudokian.

Anonymous said...

i want to eat doughnuts every day of my life. those look wonderful. yes, please.
freya

Michelle said...

well let's have the recipe!!!!