Tuesday, May 1, 2018

2018 Race Updates I

Lake Sammamish Half Marathon
March 10, 2018
Finish time 2:51:04
Pace 13:04mm

I was completely undertrained for this half marathon. My longest run leading up to race day was five miles! and I'd been sick off and on for about two weeks prior. So my goal was to finish in less time than my anti-PR (3:00:17), and to use this as motivation for training going forward.


Rattlesnake Ridge Half Marathon
April 28, 2018
Finish time 4:17:58
Pace 19:41mm

This was my first trail race ever. Most elevation ever. Slowest half marathon time ever. But I think trail runs have to go in a different category than a standard half marathon -- 3000+ feet of elevation in about four miles turns into much more of a hike than a run. I'm pretty pleased with the result and, while I don't know if I'll do trail races as an end in themselves, I can imagine they'll be great training and speed work for regular races. I'm sure there will be more of these in my future. I was just starting to get the hang of using the poles. And I want to be able to run more of the up, not just the flat and the down.


Upcoming races:
Fall City Days 5k, June 9
Evergreen 10k, August 19

No comments: