Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Week of Lipseys - Day 3

Just one photo today. In case this doesn't mean anything to you, let me describe what it means to me:
  1. For the first time in our married lives (and, for me, the first time since I lived at home during college), we have a garage. Not only do we have a garage, but
  2. For the first time since we moved in (18 months ago), we have reduced and organized our stuff enough to make a permanent space for a car. And the car is not alone...
  3. For the first time since I was pregnant with Grace, we have space to set up my bicycle with the trainer so I can ride indoors (important to reaching my triathlon goals)

Lest you be overwhelmed with joy at our accomplishments, I should point out that the photo also shows that the space created in the garage is being filled by my parents' car, not our van. If we learn something new every day, the thing I learned today is that our garage is extremely small, hardly qualifying as a two-car garage. Well, okay, a two-car garage. We could have the van in there, or extra stuff in there, but not both. Hmm, more work to do. But for the moment, behold our glorious achievement.


(A little underwhelming, I know.)

No comments: