Friday, March 13, 2009

Something for Nothing?


Well, not exactly, but pretty close. Call it getting something for doing something you would have done anyway.

I recently discovered swagbucks.com, an internet search engine that gives you free stuff to use their site. Yes, you have to give them some basic info about you, but I haven't received a single junk email as a result of signing up. I have, however, received a $5 Starbucks card for using them, and my grande hot cocoa was sweeter because it was free.

As a die-hard Google fan, I was skeptical. Imagine my joy when I discovered that Google and Ask.com are the underlying search engines; ie, you'll get the same results as if you search on Google. Vic gets a kick out of hearing me say that instead of googling something, I swagbucksed it.

So it's simple. You sign up, use swagbucks.com whenever you're searching for anything on the internet, earn a point from time to time, and redeem your points for free stuff. Nice, huh? Wanna sign up? Go here.

Melinda

(A little disclaimer: When you earn a swagbuck, I get a free swagbuck, up to 100 total, which means that I'm not completely unbiased -- seems only fair to admit it. Seriously, though, it's really cool and I would have told you all about it anyway.)

No comments: