Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Recipe for Autumn

As I stand in the kitchen, drinking my umpteenth beverage today (I'm getting over a cold), and occasionally checking on the Peanut via video monitor, I peruse cookbooks and food blogs to find recipes for those foods that are quintessentially fall. Soup and stew are my favorites. In fact, Vic and I have even reserved www.bisquette.com should I ever want to make bisques, chowders, stews, and other soups for a living. (But don't look now... we haven't actually put up a website there.)

Beef stew was dinner the last two nights. It's cliche but true that it just gets better with each reheating. The night before that we tried a new recipe -- a chicken and corn soup from one of the food blogs I read regularly for gluten-free inspiration. I did a little tailoring of the recipe (I don't like cilantro, and agave isn't something I have around the house), but you can find the original here. In a word, delicious. Or, to quote Jack Black in Nacho Libre, "I make the soup... It's fantastic!" This is an autumn recipe I will definitely be making again. Probably next week.

What is your favorite fall food?

Melinda

No comments: